It has been my goal to satisfy my palette of how a risotto tastes like. I planned to go to Italliani’s but that time never came. So, I decided to make my own version of a basic risotto with a guide from Foodie Magazine.
Risotto is a class of Italian dishes of rice cooked in broth to a creamy consistency. The broth may be meat-, fish-, or vegetable-based. Many types of risotto contain Parmesan cheese, butter, and onion. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy. (source)
On making this, you will need:
- chicken stock
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
Then, you shall…
- Saute shallots on olive oil and butter until translucent.
- Add in 1 cup of stock and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add in the rice. Continue pouring in cups of chicken stock when the liquid is soaked up.
- Cook for 12-14 minutes until rice is aldente.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and parmesan cheese for creamier consistency.
- Add in the toppings.